Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Facebook is Out of Control

My teen-age daughter and I were perusing magazines in a local superstore earlier today when we couldn't help but overhear a conversation taking place in the same aisle.

Here's a snippet of their chat:

Girl One: I heard they were getting divorced, but I don't know if they are now. They were in here the other day and they were all up on each other.
Girl Two: Oh, yeah. I heard they were getting divorced, too. I've been watching her Facebook, and I saw that one coming.
Girl One: Yeah, but have you heard the latest? [dramatic pause] She's pregnant!
Girl Two: OH. MAH. GAH.
Girl One: MmmmHmmm. Preggggg - nant. With Number Three.
Girl Two: OH. MAH. GAH. She hasn't put anything about that on Facebook, girl.
Girl One: Duh. She doesn't want people to know yet. But I heard it from one of my other friends on Facebook who is friends with her, so I'm pretty sure it's true.
Girl Two: What is she gonna do? She already has those two little ones. I thought they were stopping?
Girl One: Well, we don't know it's his, now do we?
Girl Two: Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm. Drama.
Girl One: Are you coming to my Fourth of July party? They're supposed to be there.
Girl Two: I'm gonna try to, if I can.
Girl One: Well, you should come. You just know we're gonna have some drama this year...

At this point, my daughter and I were covering our faces with magazines trying to hide our giggles. Why?

[dramatic pause]

Because the women having this conversation were two little white-haired old ladies.

Yes, they were. They were 70 if they were a day.

Facebook is out of friggin' control, man!

Oh. Mah. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment