Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holy Cow! Someone Rearranged the Porch!

Notice anything different?

I'm playing around with a new look for the Porch, so please bear with me temporarily. I'm hoping for a custom redesign by Spring, but in the meantime, I wanted to see how I liked the cleaner, crisper blog templates that are readily available. You might see the Porch take on new looks as I experiment with different designs. For those of you opposed to change (insert your own Obama joke here), don't freak out! It's okay! It's okay!

But I need a makeover. As it turns out, I tend to ramble when I write (read: lonnnnng posts), and I think something that offers more white space is better suited to me. While I liked the earthiness of the last template, it was getting a bit busy.

I also require something that will lend itself to my different writing personalities: shove-me-into-shallow-water JJR; I-really-want-a-Chocodile JJR; melodramatic-poetry JJR; so on and so forth. It's not an easy endeavor.

I'm researching other designs and hoping to unveil something much more suited to me later this year. The rambling will probably stay the same. Apologies.

One other note: I realize I'm a little behind on posts, but we've been traveling for the past week. I have things to say (always!) and some photos to post, but for some inexplicable reason, blogger isn't cooperating with me today (my editing tool bar is screwy, if you must know). If blogger fixes my tool bar, I'll post again in a bit.

In the meantime, if you have any thoughts about how you envision the Porch or what you'd like to see more of here, please share them. (Ultimately, writing is a selfish endeavor, so no promises).

Thanks, as always, for visiting. I hope to be up and rambling again soon.

I love my Porch sitters. I really, really do!

2 comments:

  1. Funny. While I aim to please, you obviously have NO IDEA how many Cheetos and snack cakes I've consumed during my winter hibernation. I definitely have more skin, but I seriously doubt anyone wants to see it.

    ReplyDelete