Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You've Come to the Right Place!

You did not take a wrong turn. You did not bookmark the wrong blog. You did not have too much wine and stumble up to the wrong Porch (but if you did do any of those things, I'd welcome you with open arms, so long as you shared the wine).

I'm the same ol' deranged writer you know and lov--, well, I'm the same ol' deranged writer you know, anyway.

The Porch, on the other hand, has been completely remodeled. I'm sorry I didn't scream, "DRIVER, MOVE THAT BUS!", so you had some warning. But for some time, I've been looking for a template that is more "me", whatever the heck that is. I mean, what kind of look fits topics ranging from gardening to vajazzling, Chocodile yearning to Olympic dreaming? Yeah. I don't know either, so I picked this one. I found it under the "schizophrenic" template category.

And I'm still toying with it, trying to get it to do what I want (all together now: that's what she said!).

Does it rub you the right way? The wrong way? And now that we have your sex life out of the way, tell me what you think of the blog...

You like? Dislike? Admittedly, I'm very much a novice when it comes to layout. Last time I worked in design, I used an X-acto knife and wax rollers.  I tried that on the computer, but it just scratched up the screen and made it really sticky.

This is a template, but I can tweak, rearrange elements, alter colors. In other words, I have options, so your feedback is welcome. And while you're at it, please feel free to tell me what you think of the Porch in general. What kind of posts do you enjoy most? least? What would you like to see more of? Or less of? Less "that's what she said" jokes, for instance? Errrr, no promises.

Ultimately, I can write only for myself because I'm selfish like that, but it's always good to hear from readers and then ignore their suggestions because it makes me feel omnipotent. I'm kidding (mostly). You really do matter. And I haven't been omnipotent since I discovered those shower photos of Christian Bale online.

In all seriousness, I am incredibly grateful for your support and readership. I still do a happy dance around the house every time I get a new follower or if a post gets more than 100 hits. Thank you so much for reading, following and sharing.

Everyone has to start somewhere. The Porch is where I begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment